Shop online

Sunday 9 February 2014

Happy Watercolour


Hello,
During the week I was stamping with a very talented lady, luckily for me she is also a member of my team, and after seeing what she was up to I was inspired to use the lovely new set Happy Watercolour again, along with the Hexagon Hive Thinlit...the hexagons are a little smaller than the Six Sided Sampler and were just the right size for what I wanted to do.

The poppy is really great to layer up but I wanted to focus on the iris this time. Like most of my card making I've kept this really clean, and mostly simple ;-)

I stamped the iris onto my card blank in Basic Black, and then lined up the hexagons on my grid paper (first using a small dot of snail on the back of each - and tapping against my trousers to remove some of the sticky) and stamped the image onto them. Then it's just a case of lining them up. I raised the hexagons up on some dimensionals, but they could be left flat.

I wasn't sure which one I preferred so have posted them both, perhaps the second one just needs an extra little pop of colour now I'm looking at it, but I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.

An afternoon watching some of the Winter Olympics is now in order I think.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the week ahead.
Nikki
x

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm fabulous cards not sure I want to use this set too often though it isn't on my wish list.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete